Monday, September 7, 2009
Oak Hills
Here are the pictures of my preschool classroom. I have been working on it for about a week now and I think it's done. We have 3 open houses this week at various times so that families can come when it's most convenient for them. I am hoping for about a 50% turn out, but that may be wishful thinking. Unfortunately sometimes education is not a priority for the families I work with. But I am excited to meet my kids and see what the school year has in store for me.
This is the outside of my classroom. The building that I am in is considered the higher education building for Oak Hills Church in Milwaukie. We are leasing the space from the Church.
The art area, playdoh table and small manipulatives table.
The paint easel and sensory table. We are starting out with sand, jewels, and large pretend coins in the sensory table. I think they will love digging for the treasures!
The small manipulatives shelf and the children's cubbies under the fish tank. The kids are going to vote to decide what kind of fish we will get for the tank. Cheryl, my dorector, created the kid's "clean-up station" on the wall by the cubbies. I love it!
The pretend/dramatic play area.
The writing table, fully stocked and ready for little authors! The science shelf is behind that.
The couch will be a comfy spot to read books whenever our library shelf finally arrives.
More of the pretend area and part of the block shelf.
The block area, as well as the area that we will have cirlce time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks great, Tammy! What alot of work! Good luck this week!
ReplyDelete