Saturday was an eventful day... We spent nearly 7 hours looking for new cell phones. Our contract with Sprint was up and we were free to switch to any carrier of our choosing (along with any phone/PDA). This task was overwhelming.
First stop was a small Sprint Store. Very few phones, most of them were broken and all displays (not real). Awful. Next stop was AT&T, home of the iPhone (which we knew we did not want to pay for). More phones, decent plans, but what about all of those minutes spent calling Sprint customers...
To Verizon! 15% discount for PPS employees, decent plans, decent phones, busier than the mall on Black Friday. We grabbed the literature and left. Feeling completely confused, distraught, and frustrated with wasting one of our precious few days off... we stumbled upon a new Sprint Store!
Lots of phones, all working! We decided to keep our same plan that has been working for us for almost a year (550 minutes!!!) and just get new phones. Justin chose the Samsung Exclaim! (dual slider) and Tammy chose the Samsung Reclaim! (Evironmentally green phone, it is green in color too).
Besides wanting the internet to customize our new phones, we are very satisfied. Worth 7 hours of stress? Probably not.
Dan and I just did that a few months back! I really wanted the iphone, but also didn't want to pay for it! Dan ended up with the Blackberry, and I got the Palm-pre, i think it's called!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip. I was going to change carriers too, maybe now I won't.
ReplyDelete